How we can help you
Parkinson’s NSW can help you understand what options are available now and in future, support your preparations for entry into the NDIS, then link you with the services you require.
We can provide:
- Informative publications
- Tools to help you plan and prepare for your conversations with NDIS Planners.
- Stories of people like you who are already NDIS participants, so you know what to expect.
- Answers to your questions.
- Support to reapply or appeal when decisions do not go your way.
Our team includes an experienced NDIS Advocate and a dedicated Social Worker who will connect you with the services and supports you need under the NDIS.
Here’s how we can assist:
- Provide you with information about the NDIS, and how it affects you and could support you
- Offer guidance and support to obtain and complete your NDIS Access Request Form
- Help and support you – and your family or carer – as you prepare for your first meeting with an NDIS Planner.
- Offer guidance and support to help you identify potential needs and supports for the next 12 months in order to address these with your NDIS Planner
- Attend your NDIS planning meeting with you (at your request) to provide support and assistance to help ensure a comprehensive and appropriate Plan is developed for you
- Liaise with your NDIS Planner following your planning meeting.
- Connect you with the services and supports approved under your NDIS Plan.
Parkinson's NSW has 40 years of experience in supporting people living with Parkinson's.
Parkinson's NSW has well established
Relationships with Primary and Allied Health providers
Community networks across NSW
Networks of independent service providers we have vetted and confirmed as suitable for people living with Parkinson’s.