Enabling Service Provider Governance and Management in the National Disability Insurance Scheme
A TOOLKIT FOR DEVELOPING STRATEGIC SERVICE PROVIDER LEADERSHIP
IN THE NDIS ENVIRONMENT
Acknowledgment of Funding for this Project
This instructional Toolkit has been produced by Parkinson’s NSW with grant funding from the Australian Government through the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission Support for NDIS Providers Program. The program supports NDIS providers meet their quality and safeguarding responsibilities as they transition to the new NDIS arrangements and funds the development and delivery of tools and resources that will be available to all NDIS providers.
Parkinson’s NSW believes that the information contained in this publication is correct at the time of publishing. However, Parkinson’s NSW reserves the right to vary any of this publication without further notice. The information provided in this publication should not be relied up on instead of other legal, medical, financial, or professional advice.
Introduction and welcome
- Purpose of this Toolkit
- How this Toolkit was developed
- Who will benefit from using this Toolkit?
- Why is such a Toolkit important?
- What does this Toolkit contain?
- How to use this Toolkit
- A note about terminology
Overview of the National Disability Insurance (NDIS) System
- What is the NDIS? – a snapshot
- What system is the NDIS replacing?
- What are the major differences between the NDA and the NDIS?
- What does ‘insurance’ mean in the NDIS vernacular?
- Legislative and Regulatory Framework of the NDIS
- NDIS legislation
- NDIS agencies
- What strategic thinking will help drive success for NDIS providers?
- Board and management team consideration to achieving or maintaining approved NDIS Provider registration
- Disability sector guidance on assessing business readiness to transition to the NDIS
- The bi question: to become and approved NDIS provider or not?
Key leadership focus areas for informing transition to the NDIS
Sector introduction and setting the scene
2.1 Business Strategy and Positioning
2.2 Corporate Governance
2.3 Clients, Market Focus and Branding
2.4 Financial Sustainability
2.5 People and Capability
2.6 Information and Knowledge
2.7 Quality, Safeguarding and Continuous Improvement
NDIS Registration Process
- Regisatration – how?
- The NDIS Commission Practice Standards
- The process for new provider registration
- NDIS registration renewal
- Conditions of registration
- NDIS Commission resources to assist with registration