Skin Swab Test Could Help Diagnose Parkinson’s2nd April 2021
My [Parkinson’s] Life – Helen Tan2nd April 2021
Please refer to this page frequently for new topics and session dates with links to join.
Important information about the online sessions:
- Please log in to the meeting 5-10 minutes prior to the scheduled start time.
- To ensure meetings run smoothly, entry into the meeting cannot be granted if joining more than 10 minutes after the meeting start time.
- Parkinson’s NSW online meetings are recorded for the benefit of those participating in the meeting and those unable to attend, with whom all recordings will be shared. By entering any Parkinson’s NSW online meeting, you are consenting to being recorded.
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Let’s Talk Parkinson’s: Different exercises for different benefits
Date: Tuesday 12 March, 2024
Topic: Exercise is second only to medications for slowing down the progression of Parkinson’s and maintaining balance, mobility and daily living activities. Exercise increases dopamine production, thereby improving symptoms such as balance and mobility, as well as depression, constipation, and cognitive skills. Exercises come in different forms for the benefit of not just our physical wellbeing but also our mental mindset, spiritual selves, emotional sense, and social aspect.
Presenter: Dr Melissa McConaghy, specialist Neurological Physiotherapist and founder of PD Warrior and INSIGHT global conference. She has been working with Parkinson’s patients for 20 years and was recently awarded Australian Physiotherapist of the Year.
Who this is for: Everyone
Register in advance for this meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZIucO-qrzsiGtGpy3HRx9txiI9WrSzAwbd1
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Thank you for your attendance at the 2023 online information sessions.
We delivered 27 online information sessions over the FY2023 period covering a range of topics such as:
- Orthostatic Hypotension
- Medications and review of medications
- Vision and Parkinson’s
- Diet and nutrition
- Working with Parkinson’s
- Carers Chat: Preventing and coping with Carer burnout.
This resulted in 71,649 minutes of video views.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Parkinson’s NSW YouTube channel so you are notified when new videos are uploaded to the channel.