Looking for a simple, well-researched guide to the Australian Aged Care system? The Specialist Reporting Team of ABC.net has done the hard work for us.
This guide walks us through the system’s offerings and processes step by step and provides a variety of useful links to additional resources along the way.
Jump to what you need:
- Where do you start?
- Home care packages: what are they and how do they work?
- How do you choose a home care provider?
- Residential care: who needs it, and how do you apply?
- How do residential care costs work?
- What are the short term options?
And for even more information on Aged Care and Parkinson’s, call the Parkinson’s NSW HealthLine on 1800 644 189. Our nurses have comprehensive information and contacts they can share.