Phone service helps navigate the Aged Care system.
Council on the Ageing NSW (COTA) has launched a new telephone service to guide people through the complexities of the Aged Care system.
The new service can explain:
- How the Aged Care system works
- How to organise home or residential care
- Your contribution to the cost of your service
It can also assist you to:
- Find local services
- Use the My Aged Care web site
- Fill in important forms
This information service is part of the Aged Care Navigators Trial, which is testing ways to help people access aged care services. COTA Australia is leading the trials, which are funded by the Australian Government.
How to contact the COTA service
- Telephone 8268 9601 or 0438 431 817, between 9am and 4.30pm, Tuesday to Thursday. If there is no answer, you can leave a message and receive a call-back.
- Email email@example.com
- Send them a text on 0438 431 817
Assistance is also available in Cantonese and Mandarin. Simply leave your phone number and you will be called back.
COTA and Parkinson’s NSW also recently collaborated to offer a free Zoom (video conferencing) presentation titled Navigating the Aged Care System for people living with Parkinson’s and their care partners.