Parkinson's NSW is always appreciative of volunteer support and welcomes any enquiry or offer of assistance.
Your volunteer role can be individually tailored to your needs and situation. The main objective of a volunteer experience is that you have fun and feel your contribution is valued.
Some of the ways you can volunteer for and support Parkinson's NSW include:
- Assisting with administrative tasks during working hours in our office (word processing, data entry, mail-outs, photocopying, etc.)
- Operating our reception desk
- Participating in special projects and events (e.g. Seniors Week, Parliament House lunch, outdoor events, etc.)
- Developing our organisation with your business skills (e.g. marketing, public relations, accounting, organisational, secretarial)
- Assisting with organising and/or support of fundraising events
- Share your knowledge and experience of Parkinson's disease with other groups by joining our Speakers' Bureau
When you volunteer for Parkinson's NSW you have the opportunity to:
- Receive orientation and ongoing support in your volunteering
- Be treated with respect and valued as an important member of the team
- Use your current personal and professional skills and/or acquire new skills
- Meet new people
- Sample as many or as few experiences as you choose
- Learn more about those affected by Parkinson's disease in Australia.