In Loving Memory
Parkinson's NSW has set up an In Loving Memory page on the Everyday Hero website www.everydayhero.com.au
There has been a move in recent years for family of the deceased to make donations in lieu of flowers.
An " In Memory" ONLINE donation is another means of enabling friends and family of the deceased to support people with Parkinson's and help raise funds in memory of the person who suffered from the same condition. (Just like the online fundraising for the Unity Walk). It can be customised to have your loved one's photograph as well as a few lovely words about them. There is also an area where people can leave a special anecdote or memory about your loved one.
The In Memory Page can easily be set up by someone in the family or we can do it for you.
It takes about 10 minutes to do.
If you wish to do it yourself you just:
- go to the Everyday Hero website
- click on "Create In Memory Page now"
- then just complete all the details required
- Once you have done this, you will be allocated a special link which you can email to let people know what you are doing and that you would like them to donate if they wish to. The donation process is very simple and straightforward and a receipt will be issued online to the donor. Go to the Everyday Hero website now
If we are going to set it up for you:
- We just need a couple of paragraphs about the person and some words about why you would like people to donate to PNSW.
- We can add a photo as well if you would like.
- Think about what you would like to say and choose a photo which we can put onto the fundraising page and we will have someone call you to discuss the details. We will need a digital version of the photo.
- We will then create the In Memory donation page and let you have all the details for the link.
Once it is set up, the information (link) about the donation page can be sent to your family and friends close by or even interstate and overseas. You can let them know that you wish for money to be donated to Parkinson's NSW either in lieu of flowers or if they just wish to support the organisation. This is a wonderful way for people who can't attend the funeral to be able to support your family and Parkinson's NSW as well.